Key Features Provide Application Versatility
- 22 Waveform Library - Arbitrary Waveform Generator
- 15 to 1,200 Hz Operation - 5,000 Hz Bandwidth
- Precision True-RMS metering of volts, amps, and power for displays and reporting
- Now compatible with UPC Studio graphical user interface
- RS-232 Interface with SCPI compatibility
- 1 Phase/3 Phase Switch Selectable Output from front panel or bus command
- 99 stored programs for both static and dynamic Transient Testing
- LabVIEW for Windows®/LabWindows® drivers
- Waveform Creation by Harmonic Synthesis
- Harmonic Analysis (Voltage and Current)
- Metering of RMS and Peak Values
- Continuous Self Calibration (CSC)
- Precision Voltage Programming - 0.05% with CSC engaged
- Programmable Output Impedance
- Up to 0-300 VAC Direct Coupled Out
- Power Levels from 1.5 kVA to 12 kVA
- Externally Referenced Meter Calibration
- CE and ETL Mark available
- Design Provides Total Control of AC Power
Design Provides Total Control of AC Power
- All ASX Series power source models may be equipped with a digitally programmable Oscillator/Controller or a manual version.
- Single phase power source models may be controlled to operate on either a 0-135 VAC range or a 0-270 VAC range. Three phase models are additionally switchable 3ø to 1ø output power form.
- Total control of the output power form and the selection of either the direct output or the optional transformer output is available from the front panel or the bus.
- All operating functions may be controlled from either the front panel or from a remote RS-232 or IEEE 488.2/ SCPI BUS. LabVIEW for Windows® and LabWindows® Instrument Drivers are available.
Special ASX Series Operating Features
Continuous Self Calibration
Provides for exceptional accuracy of the AC output Voltage. When enabled, accuracy improves to ±0.1% referenced to the power source internal voltmeter.
Programmable Dynamic Output Impedance - Prog-Z (optional on UPC1/3)
Programmable Output Impedance provides the operator with the ability to dynamically control the output impedance of the AC Power Source. Using the output current term as conditioned feedback signal to the output voltage circuits, positive or negative impedance may be programmed. This control simulates the effects of, or compensates for high peak current, distribution, or transformer losses of up to ±10% of the output voltage.
This feature creates positive, negative, or zero output impedance (Zo).
- Compensates for line distribution or transformer losses.
- Simulates a soft power line for product testing. Compensation range is ±10% of the output voltage.
Up to 22 different waveforms can be stored in the waveform library for execution as part of a steady state program or for substitution in any output phase as part of a transient test program. Memory location #1 is a non-editable high resolution sine wave. Locations 2-22 are editable and can be substituted in any output phase. An unlimited number of waveforms may be stored on the computer for those using a programmable UPC.
A full-featured editor permits modification of a stored waveform in both time and frequency domains. This method can be used to quickly create spikes, dropouts, notches and other sub-cycle wave conditions. The resulting modified waveform is stored for execution in steady-state or transient programs.
Waveform Analysis (optional on UPC1/3)
Provides both graphic (using LabView for Windows®) and numeric displays of the harmonic structure of a voltage or current waveform. Each waveform is analyzed for its harmonic content up to the 51st harmonic. Amplitude and phase are reported to the local display. The LabVIEWT instrument driver displays numeric values as well as a graphic summary of the harmonic spectrum.
Waveform Synthesis (optional on UPC1/3)
Quickly create virtually any AC test waveform by building it out of harmonics. The process is as simple as keying in the magnitude and phase angle of each desired harmonic up through the 51st. Additionally, waveforms can be created by downloading from a host PC.
Time Based Transients
Create and execute transients that occur over a specified time segment to modify the output waveform, voltage, and frequency for any or all phases. An output trigger is provided for synchronizing external test equipment to the actual transient event.
Cycle Based Transients
Create and execute transients that substitute a waveform in any or all phases for 1 to 100 cycles. The waveform being substituted can be selected and/or modified from the waveform library.
AC Test Power
The ASX Series Power Source is equipped with a powerful microcontroller to create a fully integrated test system. It supplies a variety of power conditions to the device under test and meters/analyzes all output performance parameters.
The ASX Series is an excellent source of stable AC voltage over the frequency range of 15 to 1,200 Hz. The output frequency is quartz-crystal stabilized. Output voltages up to 600 VAC are provided.
With the ability to provide singe and three-phase outputs, the ASX Series is the perfect choice to provide 1 Phase to 3 Phase or 3 Phase to 1 Phase conversion.
Controller Selection Guide
Six controller models are available with the ASX-Series. They include 1 Phase and 3 Phase models for both manual and programmable control.
- UPC-1M, 1 Phase Manual Control, 15 Hz to 1,200 Hz.
- UPC-3M, 3 Phase Manual Control, 15 Hz to 1,200 Hz.
- UPC-3EM, 3 Phase Manual Control, 15 Hz to 599 Hz.
- UPC-1, 1 Phase Programmable Control, 15 Hz to 1,200 Hz.
- UPC-3, 3 Phase Programmable Control, 15 Hz to 1,200 Hz.
- UPC-3E, 3 Phase Programmable Control, 15 Hz to 599 Hz.
All controllers provide manual operation from the front panel. Programmable Controllers may be programmed from the front panel or from a remote interface. RS232 Interface is standard. IEEE 488 interface is optional.
Power Source Specifications
15 to 1,200 Hz. Full Power
0.1% max for a ±10% line change.
0.25% 15 to 400 Hz., 0.50% 400 to 1,200 Hz. With external sense enabled. Improves to less than 0.1% with external sense and CSC enabled.
0.25% THD 15 to 200 Hz., 0.50% THD 200 to 1,200 Hz.
Ripple and Noise:
60 microseconds typical, 10-90% load step.
All models are designed for operation in 19 inch equipment racks. Models 4 kVA and higher have side handles for ease of handling.
Standard 19 inch rack. Slide rails are available as an option for all models.
See model table above for panel height.
Approximately 24 inch, from the front panel to the rear of the chassis.
Front or side forced air intake with rear exhaust. Automatic Fan Speed Control for low acoustic noise and extended fan life.
Dual Range Output Magnetics Options
ASX Series Power Sources can be equipped with output transformers to provide an alternate output voltage range. Selection of direct or transformer coupled range is performed by the controller via front panel or bus command. The standard frequency range for transformer coupled outputs is 45 to 1,200 Hz. Standard output ratios are 1.5:1, 2.0:1, and 2.5:1. Transformer outputs are supplied internally or externally via a Magnetics Module as listed in the above table. Consult the factory for additional information regarding special output ranges not listed above.
UPC Series Controller Specifications
The latest additions to Pacific’s SmartsourceT family of UPC Controllers are the UPC-1M, UPC-3M, UPC-1 and UPC-3. The UPC Controller is a modular component of the ASX Series and is available in four configurations ranging from 1 Phase to 3 Phase and Manual Control to Programmable Control. The table below lists each model according to key features.
All UPC Controllers include precise metering functions with data displayed via a 160 character LCD display. This, along with the 30-key front panel, provides the industry’s most powerful and user-friendly controller.
The UPC-1 and UPC-3 controllers are available with either the RS-232 or GPIB remote interface. Commands are structured in accordance with SCPI (Standard Commands for Programmable Instruments). The RS-232 serial port operates up to 38.4 Bps. The GPIB interface is compatible with the IEEE-488.2.
Range: 15 to 1,200 Hz.
Resolution: 4 significant digits, eg. 50.00, 400.0, etc.
Accuracy: ±0.01%, 15 to 1,200 Hz
Range: 0 to Vmax in 0.1 VAC steps.
Accuracy: Executive voltage is within ±50 mVAC (0.05%) of command voltage referenced to the internal voltmeter with CSC engaged.
Phase Separation of Phases B and C are programmable 0 to 360° relative to phase A on the UPC-3 controller. Phase separation is fixed at 120° and 240°, respectively, on the UPC-3M controller.
Programmable Current Limit:
Programmable Current limit is provided on the UPC-1 and the UPC-3 controllers. Programmable range is from 0 to Ipeak, max of the power source.
The Output Voltmeter is true RMS reading and each phase is measured independently. Line to neutral and line to line voltages are displayed. Range: 0-354 VACL-N, 0-708 VACL-L. Resolution: 0.1 VAC to front panel, 0.001 VAC to remote interface. Accuracy: ±0.2% of range + cal. ref.
Output Ammeter is true RMS reading and each phase is measured independently. RMS and peak currents along with Crest factor are displayed. Range: 300% of system current rating. Resolution: 0.01 AAC to front panel, 0.001 AAC to remote interface. Accuracy: ±0.2% of range + cal ref.
Measures True Power (kW), Apparent Power (kVA) and power factor. Range: Based on ammeter. Resolution: 1.0 watts or VA to front panel, 1.0 watts or VA to remote interface.
Calculated and displayed to three significant digits.
Expanding the AC Power Source into an Automated Test System
Pacific’s line of Smartsource® AC Power Sources enable the engineer to easily automate his testing by using Lab VIEW for Windows® or LabWindows®. An extensive list of Virtual Instruments (VIs) are offered for Pacific’s ASX Series Power Sources.